Friday 6 April 2018

Farmhouse Friday



Hello everyone...

I hope you're all enjoying the process of the Farmhouse string quilt






The sorting out of the pattern pieces and the strips does take time, BUT you will have it really easy for the rest of the sewing part - you will see....





Like I said, I'm going to leave the house and barn part until last and get all the other easy blocks done because I don't have much time to finish this quilt.

I forgot I need to start sewing my Art Quilt piece for the Art with Fabric Hop in May.... so after jumping up and down and having a bit of a hissy fit, I decided to get things finished a lot quicker....

You can take your time on this Farmhouse - no problem, but you will see that its really not very hard to do and goes rather quickly anyway.


Here's the rows 1 - 4 I've finished so far ...

I think I found something out about myself with this quilt. I don't really like to be very 'improv' with my selection of fabrics, so I have to almost close my eyes and use my finger and point to something and that's the one I'm going with.... I really struggle with just do anything when it comes to the fabric selection....

How did you guys get along with your fabric selections?




Here's a quick look at a photo from Magdalena Alge. She's working in the UAE.

This is really shaping up! Love the vibrant look of the sky.









You're more than welcome to still join in and have some fun along with us...
You can find the pattern in my Craftsy shop right HERE....<<<<<


I've started a QuiltArt Designs Group  on Facebook where you are welcome to join and add any of your finished blocks made with the QADesigns patterns. Please show us what you've made, I really love to see them all.



*********************************
                                        
 Quick link to my full Craftsy Shop <<<<<


(when you open the shop.... click on the right side 'sort by tab' and press NEWEST.... then everything will show up)





My Paypal Acc:  PayPal.Me/QuiltArtDesigns


2 comments:

Skootchover said...

Randomness has been my biggest struggle also. I want the colors to flow a certain way, but am trying to fight my urge to match everything.

Zenia Rene said...

These look fabulous! I love the scrappiness about them.